Think. Talk. Vote.
It's never too early to be ready — let's get to the ballot box.Make a Plan
We're a club committed to improving the student-voter experience. Get involved!
From our campus report, we know UVM students vote at a lower rate than other schools, and college students vote at a low rate in general. That's not good for student representation, the values of higher ed, or the diversity of our democracy at large.
We're seeing this for a few reasons. To name a few, newly eligible voters are still learning the voting process, some states intimidate student voters (implying they aren't eligible to vote where they live), and the conversation about democracy's importance across academic disciplines is waning.
We can help.
Institutionalize voting! The university can access thousands of students in a unique way which clubs alone simply aren't able. Carving out pathways with the administration alleviates the organizing strain of beginning fresh each election cycle, and could mean more time spent discussing the issues with less time worrying about voting infrastructure.
- Make Election Day a campus holiday, consistent with the letter the SGA signed.
- Have UVM text every student a link to Turbo Vote.
- Integrate voter registration into student orientation days.
- Add a polling site for the gerrymandered student ward.
- Promote voter registration in clubs, fraternities, and sororities.
- Bring engaging events to campus like Pumpkins for Democracy or chalking sidewalks.
- Research how to make SGA elections more competitive.
Supporting Every State
UVM students hail from around the country, and we've got the resources to support everyone. Select your state for more information.